Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fixed vs. Growth

1. I think i am a little bit of both because I'm always up for learning and expanding my knowledge on everything but then when someone does try to give back "useful" negative feedback, I'll be the stubborn person that i am an just not listen to what they say. But it all depends what they are criticizing about. But the article made me realize how sometimes i will back down from an academic challenge but not a physical one. For example i had pushed myself to get my left lay-ups right and i finally got them down.So it all pays off in the end to push yourself.

2. It's helped me a lot because i was actually thinking of dropping the class but then i challenged myself to stay in the class and pass it. It really helped me push myself and really put the effort that you need to put into the class. And that question card thing helped me too because it made me wanna solve the problems and show everyone what you're made of.

3. I wasn't too surprised because i know how anyone can expand there knowledge. I think people just need to constantly work on it to make it stronger. To me taking those challenging classes its like steroids for the brain :D .

4. It will help me to definitely push myself and follow through all the way to the end instead of giving up half way through the class or in life even.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to stay Jackey! What you do in class during those questions cards is EXACTLY what I want the rest of the class to be doing as well. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete